Monday, May 11, 2009

Does anyone know what the wedding song is about a childs mommy and daddy getting married?

I know this song is very popular for people with children to play at their weddings. It's about a little kids mom and dad getting married. Thank you to anyone that can help.

Does anyone know what the wedding song is about a childs mommy and daddy getting married?
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band did one called "Dance Little Jean"...but I don't think it's the one you're thinking of.
Reply:Yeah it's the song the first guy mentioned here are the lyrics...I'm going to check back because if this isn't the song I'm curious as to what it is.





I played a wedding for the money,


And I wished that I could tell the bride and groom


Just what I thought of marriage


And whats in store after their honeymoon.





And I was grumblin to the dancers


bout how men and women ought to live apart


And how a promise never made can not be broken


And can never break your heart





When suddenly from out of nowhere,


A little girl came dancing cross the floor,


And all her crinolines were billowing


Beneath the skirt of calico that she wore.


Oh what a joy fell on the honored guests


As each of them was drawn inside her dream,


And they laughed and clapped and stomped their feet


And hollered at her dance little jean





Dance, little jean, this day is for you,


Two people you love, stood up and said I do


Dance little jean, the prayer that you had


Was answered today


Your mamas marrying your dad





Well, my cynical heart just melted


cause I knew what this get together meant


How it ended year of tears and sad confusion


That the little girl had spent.


Well they told the band to pack it up


About the time the couple cut the cake,


But we played as long as they stayed


For love and laughs and little jeanies sake.





Dance, little jean, this day is for you,


Two people you love, stood up and said I do


Dance little jean, the prayer that you had


Was answered today


Your mamas marrying your dad


No comments:

Post a Comment